Vastu in a simplified way
To understand Vastushastra we have to put almighty god aside. When you question something like say existence of god and you do not get an answer, it does not mean that there is no answer but it means that the answer is elusive. But for vastushastra, a professional from the field of real estate can do extensive research and get some answers and also logically analyze reasons of many tenets of vastushastra.
Unfortunately people who have taken the responsibility of preaching this science do not know about science. In fact most of them think bringing science into Vastu is foolish & unreligious. Bringing science into Vastu would steal them of their chief source of income. Vastushastra – the science of structure has not been accepted by all. Builders are afraid of Vaastu consultants as if the prospective premises buyer might get one, the premises will be disapproved as normally the modern consultants still go by the traditional way. The Vaastu consultant to prove himself normally uses fear as a tool and also takes names of gods to make his client follow his recommendations. People are afraid, thinking that they might have to incur unwanted wrath of god or extra expanses if they don’t follow or follow Vastu tenets. But it is not so.
It is impossible to adhere to Vastu completely in a city mainly because of congestion. If Vastu asks you to block a particular direction, there might be a beautiful park or garden in that direction. More over the flat culture does not permit proper practice of vastushastra. So I would suggest going to the micro level. Make adjustments in the interiors and enjoy the benefit of vastushastra.
Of course, Vastu does talk about accidents, health problems and prosperity. One must understand that these are used as warnings and baits. And if these threats and promises are not written in Vastu, then it would not have survived all these years. Superstitions are vastushastra’s safety mechanisms, which ensured that generations that came and went left the science intact.
Let us see some examples of how it migrated and our elders propagated this Vastu in a very simplified way.
1) It is said in Hindu Culture that when a person dies his head is to be kept in north and feet in south, this implies that alive person should never keep his head in north as this being a direction of dead.
2) Our elders have always told us to buy property of the person who is prospering and selling the property to shift or buy better or bigger property. This directly means that by default the property could be as per Vastu tenets and hence chances are that the buyer may also prosper in there.
3) When we place our kumbh in the new house, it is always kept on the kitchen’s platform at the place of drinking water, as this is direction of god. i.e. north east. And also is a positive magnetic and solar direction.
4) Suryanamashkaran i.e. morning prayer is done facing east so as to get maximum positive solar energy.
5) When we go to see a new house, elders always tells us that the main door of the house should face rising sun i.e. east. If the main door faces east, chances are that there would be bedroom in the south west or south of the house making the house more Vastu compliant.
6) People always prefer east west opening house as wind direction in India is southwest in monsoon and northeast in summer and winter.
So if you start analyzing the preaching of our elders in context to Vastu, a satisfactory answer can be found and probably if this thing spreads all around the world this could be India’s greatest contribution to science after the discovery of zero.